Introduction to Coaching Level 1 IEC Course
Designed specifically for education professionals, this course qualifies as Part One of the Certified Coach Accreditation Programme with The Institute of Educational Coaching
- Packed with tools, strategies and activities
- Supports learner and colleague development
- Designed specifically for education professionals
- Allows you to follow on seamlessly to the 2 Day Advanced Coaching Skills programme
- Relaxed training style leaves you inspired and confident
Why attend the course?
The Introduction to Coaching Course develops 1-2-1 coaching skills and is of value to anyone wanting to improve the quality of support they give to others. It will help you work with people to overcome barriers whilst working with the grain of their motivation.
- Develop practical coaching skills and enhanced listening skills
- Discover what drives people to success and what holds them back
- Simple, effective framework for coaching
- Practical approaches to unblock negative attitudes, promoting positivity
- Manage internal thought patterns and habits of mind for coaching
- Know when to question and when to remain silent
- Practical skills for coaching yourself and others
What will I learn?
- To develop key knowledge and skills for promoting change in others, including
- What is Coaching? The differences between Coaching, Mentoring and Counselling
- The essential qualities of an effective coach and key questioning tools
- How to establish rapport and develop essential listening skills
- How to ask the right questions and encourage solutions
- How to structure coaching
- How to coach in a hurry
The programme draws from NLP, Sports Performance Psychology and Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy, providing you with simple models and techniques that improve motivation and broker success.
How is the course structured?
The programme is closely focused on promoting independent thinking and problem-solving in others. Coaching techniques are demonstrated and developed through practical activities. The programme content is backed by the relevant coaching theory. Together this offers you the opportunity to understand the psychology of motivation and develop the practical skills of coaching.
Delegates learn to use a simple, but effective core coaching model. There are dozens of great coaching tips from an expert coach at every step of the way.
Who leads the programme?
The one-day Coaching Skills Programme is designed and delivered by Will Thomas. Will is a highly experienced Performance Coach and trainer. He works with individuals from school age to old age. A Marks and Spencer Personnel manager from University, Will moved into education and became Head of Faculty in a large comprehensive school, he has used coaching extensively to enable people to maximise performance and overcome personal barriers to success. Will is co-author of the book Coaching Solutions and author of The Coaching Solutions Resource Book.
What if I attend?
You’ll further develop your skills and knowledge in multiple ways. Just imagine having the confidence to respond positively and effectively in any situation, and having the next level of linguistic tools to promote change in others. Consider the positive impact on your work, your life and those you come into contact with you.
What past attendees have said:
“ Very enjoyable – new ideas that I can use to be more effective in my job – well delivered” Guy Foster, East Manchester Education Action Zone
“ It was great to work with colleagues and develop coaching skills with them….very effective, and fully covered coaching aspects for our staff” Bill Whiting, Portsmouth
“ Very challenging, well-structured, and professional, but done with good humour, and much respect for participants”. Kate Edwards, Gateshead
“ Excellent course – very useful. Good course notes. Promoted thinking and how to develop reflective thought” Dave Magee, Cadishead
For more information or to make a booking:
phone: 0118 9797551