This programme is designed to run as a full day INSET for your school, academy, cluster or federation.
In Outstanding Maths we share with you numerous strategies that you can take away and use immediately to improve maths in your school.
Discover how to deliver effective, successful, exciting, engaging lessons, time after time and take away dozens of practical ideas to enrich learning.
Learn techniques to get rid of the anxiety that adversely affects the performance of youngsters so that they can develop the positive maths mindset that leads to outstanding results. As a result your students will be more motivated, collaborative, independent, passionate and aspirational.
Outstanding Maths is designed for everyone with responsibility for influencing learning and teaching in maths and those who want to improve their classroom practice so that they really do reach all of their learners and make maths fun.
This workshop is for you if you:-
- have youngsters in your class who lack confidence in maths
- ever feel frustrated by a student who just won’t try or is switched off in maths lessons
- want to find ways of helping your students to become more confident and accomplished in maths whilst being fully engaged
In this highly interactive and above all, practical workshop you will:
- discover where “Maths Anxiety” comes from
- learn quick and easy ways to alleviate learner stress and your own!
- identify the key factors that affect the learning in your classroom
- know how to get the brain in the best state to learn
- help your learners to access new learning more effectively
- discover your own processing preference and how this can influence your teaching
- find out about Maths Myths that affect your students’ ideas about maths
- discover what you can do to alleviate and eliminate Maths Anxiety
- take away over fifty tried and tested and proven strategies that you can use immediately to maximise learning in your classroom
…….and lots more
In Outstanding Maths we share with you numerous strategies that you can take away and use immediately to help get rid of the anxiety that adversely affects the performance of youngsters so that they can develop the positive maths mindset that leads to outstanding results.
“Cath is a great speaker and motivator. Good variety of tasks, presentations and ideas”
“So much information to take in – great ideas and lots to use in the classroom”
“Fantastic! Thank you”
Typical timings are 0915 – 1530 with breaks for lunch and refreshments but these can be adjusted to suit your schedule.
We are committed to providing outstanding training at a sensible price. Please email us for details.
As well as providing outstanding INSET days within your school or federation we are always happy to discuss flexible arrangements such as a series of twilight events, inputs with smaller groups, lesson observations, consultancy, coaching and mentoring.
For more information or to make a booking:
phone: 0118 9797551