This practical, inspiring day is designed for Headteachers, Senior Leaders and aspiring leaders, focusing on the range of challenges facing school leaders from the easy bits (few!) to the hard bits (many!).
This day is interactive, inspiring and packed with practical input. Examining the essentials of leading an outstanding school, the programme offers participants guidance on how to develop these areas further.
- What sort of leadership makes a school ‘outstanding’?
- Building winning teams
- The role of leadership in developing staff
- How to deal with external influences on leadership (government initiatives, the culture of the area, shifting goalposts, the media)
- How to handle the range of challenges facing school leaders
- Practical advice on how to deal with the cynics and energy sappers
- Sustaining outstanding: analysing past success and understanding how to build on it
- Successful strategies for engaging with parents
- Sound, practical coping strategies and ‘top tips’ to help you to survive and prosper in your leadership role
The day allows plenty of time for reflection, discussion and challenge. It is upbeat and optimistic, reinforcing the reason we came into teaching in the first place: not to satisfy Ofsted, but our enduring commitment to improving the life chances of our students.
Further dates will be announced shortly. Please contact us using the form below to be notified:
“Lindy really is inspirational and her no jargon approach to education makes everything seem ‘doable’ and possible.”
John Law, Headteacher, Castle Hill High School, Brinnington
Delegate registration is from 0900. Coffee, tea and pastries are served on arrival. The first session begins at 0930 and the day finishes at 1530.
Refreshments are available throughout the day and a buffet lunch including vegetarian options is served.
This programme may also be delivered as an INSET day within your school or federation. Please email us for details.
For more information or to make a booking:
phone: 0118 9797551